Should be an Indian Citizen.
- The minimum age limit for enrolment in IAF as an Agniveervayu is 17½ years as on date of enrolment and maximum age limit is 21 years as on date of enrolment. However, exact Date of Birth block as published in advertisement is to be followed.
- Candidates born between - 27 June 2002 to 27 December 2005 (both days inclusive).
- In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the Selection Procedure, then the upper age limit as on date of enrolment should be 21 years.
Only unmarried Indian male and female candidates are eligible for enrolment as Agniveervayu in IAF. Candidates will have to give a certificate of being “unmarried” at the time of enrolment. Agniveervayu will not be permitted to marry during their entire tenure of four years in the IAF. A candidate may be dismissed from service if he / she marries during his / her tenure or is found to be already married inspite of giving certificate of being “unmarried”.
Eligibility for Civilian Candidates
(a) Science Subjects :-
- Candidates should have passed Class 10+2/Intermediate/Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English from an Education Board listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Should have passed three years Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical / Electronics/ Automobile/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation Technology/ Information Technology) from a Government recognized Polytechnic Institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in Diploma Course (or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
- Should have passed two years Vocational course with non-vocational subject viz. Physics and Mathematics from State Education Boards/Councils which are listed in COBSE with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in Vocational Course (or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Vocational Course).
(b) Other than Science Subjects:-
- Should have passed Intermediate/10+2/Equivalent Examination in any stream/subjects approved by Central/State Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Passed two years vocational course from Educational Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in Vocational Course or in Intermediate/Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.
Candidate eligible for Science Subjects examination (Including Intermediate/10+2/three years’ diploma course in engineering or two years’, vocational course with non-vocational subjects of Physics and Maths) are also eligible for Other than Science Subjects and would be given an option of appearing in both Science Subjects and Other than Science Subjects examination in one sitting while filling up the online registration form.
Education Boards listed in Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE) website (www.cobse.org.in) as members, will only be permitted.
Exact aggregate Percentage of marks before decimal as written in the marks sheet of 10+2/Intermediate/Equivalent Examination/Three years Diploma Course/Two years Vocational Course OR calculated as per the rules of concerned Education Board/Polytechnic Institute will only be considered (For example 49.99% should be taken as 49% and not be rounded off to 50%).
Candidate must possess his/her unique valid e-mail ID and mobile number for filling of online application. All communication with candidate will be done on his/her registered e-mail ID only.
PHYSICAL / MEDICAL STANDARDS
To get selected as an Agniveervayu, the candidate must be physically and mentally fit to perform duties in any part of the world, climate and terrain. Physical/ medical standards to become an Agniveervayu are as follows:-
|Height||Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms||Minimum acceptable height is 152 cms. For candidates belonging to North East or hilly regions of Uttarakhand, a lower minimum height of 147 cms will be accepted. In case, candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum height will be 150 cms.|
|Weight||Weight should be Proportionate to height and age.|
|Chest||The chest wall should be well proportioned with minimum range of expansion of 05 cms|
|Hearing||Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters by each ear separately.|
|Dental||Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.|
|General Health||Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He/She should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or communicable diseases, infection and skin ailments. Candidate shall be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.|
|Gynaecological Examination (For female candidates)||-||The examination covers external genitalia, hernia orifices and the perineum, any evidence of stress urinary incontinence or genital prolapse outside introitus.|
|Gender (For female candidates):||-||Any candidate if found to have predominant characteristics of the opposite gender as evident on external physical examination, will be rejected as Unfit. Any candidate having undergone gender reassignment surgery will be declared Unfit.|
|Pregnancy (For female candidates):||-||Any candidate, if found to be pregnant shall be disqualified and her candidature rejected.|
- Medical Examination. Candidates who qualify Adaptability
Test-II shall be issued with medical appointment letter at
respective ASCs. Medical examination shall be conducted by Air
Force Medical Team as per IAF medical standards and policy in
vogue on subject issue. Medical examination would also include
Baseline Investigation of: -
- Blood Haemogram - Hb, TLC, DLC
- Urine RE/ME
- Blood Sugar Fasting & PP
- Serum Cholesterol
- Urea, Uric acid, Creatinine
- LFT—Serum Bilirubin, SGOT, SGPT.
- X- Ray chest (PA view)
- Ultrasonography of lower abdomen & Pelvis (For female candidates only)
- ECG (R)
- Any other test necessary in the opinion of the Medical Officer.
- Candidates declared medically unfit can avail the option for ‘Appeal Medical Board’ (AMB) against their unfitness by depositing Rs. 40/- in a Government Treasury/RBI/ SBI through Electronic Military Receivable Order (e-MRO)/Military Receivable Order (MRO).
- The application for AMB along with original copy of e-MRO/MRO, photocopy of Unfitness Certificate are to be submitted to the representative of ASC within three working days of medical examination.
- The recruitment medical officer and the specialist doctors of Armed Forces are the final authorities on declaring a candidate fit or unfit during initial medical examination, appeal medical board and medical examination prior to enrolment.
- The candidates shall be governed by Armed Forces standards which may be at variance from civil standards. There is no provision for representation or review after the appeal medical board.
- Candidates are advised to get tartar and stains removed from their teeth before appearing for the Medical Examination. Ears should be free of wax. Candidates should be prepared to stay for the medical examination for four to five days under their own arrangement. No TA/DA shall be admissible.
- Passing in the medical examination is not a guarantee for employment in Indian Air Force.
- Request for change of Medical Examination Centre or Date of Medical Examination shall not be entertained.
Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance (NDPS).
Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic substances banned under the NDPS Act 1985 shall be a reject criteria for selection into the IAF and AGNIVEERVAYU found either in possession or storing or distributing or consuming such drugs and substances after enrolment shall be liable for disciplinary action including dismissal from the IAF. ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY TO ALCOHOLISM AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE IS FOLLOWED IN IAF.
Permanent body tattoos are not permitted, however, tattoos only on inner face of the fore arms (inside of elbow to the wrist), back (dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of the palm and Tribals with tattoo which are as per the custom and traditions of their tribes may be considered. However, right to consider a tattoo acceptable or unacceptable will rest with the selection centre. Candidates with permanent body tattoos are to submit two Postcard size photographs (close up and distinct view) with details of size and type of the Tattoo during the second phase of testing.
Only Sikh Candidates, whose religion prohibits cutting of the hair or shaving of face, shall be permitted to grow hair and/or retain beard and moustache. Accordingly, those Sikh candidates willing to retain the same as per laid down specification are to get their photographs with beard and moustache.