Terms and Conditions
The salient aspects of terms and conditions of service for persons enrolled through the Agnipath Scheme for service in the IAF are mentioned in the succeeding paragraphs.
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates will be enrolled under Air Force Act 1950 for a service duration of four (04) years including the training period.
- Agniveervayu so enrolled will be subject to Air Force Act 1950 and will be liable to go wherever ordered, by land, sea or air.
- Agniveervayu so enrolled under the scheme, will not be eligible for any kind of Pension or Gratuity.
- Service of Agniveervayu will commence from the date of enrolment.
- Agniveervayu would form a distinct rank in the Indian Air Force, different from any other existing ranks.
- Agniveervayu enrolled under this entry are liable to be assigned any duty in organisational interest, at the discretion of the Indian Air Force.
- Personnel enrolled through Agniveervayu Scheme, will be required to undergo periodical medical check-ups and physical/ written/ field tests as governed by orders issued. The performance so demonstrated would be considered for subsequent offer for enrolment in the Regular Cadre.
- Agniveervayu can be posted to any unit and can be further transferred in organisational interest.
- Marital status
- Only unmarried Indian male and female candidates are eligible for enrolment as Agniveervayu in IAF.
- Agniveervayu will not be permitted to marry during their entire tenure of four years in the IAF.
- Agniveervayu may be dismissed from service if he/she marries during his/her tenure or is found to be already married in spite of giving certificate of being “unmarried”.
- All Agniveervayu will be discharged on completion of four years of service.
- On discharge after completion of four years, Agniveervayu will be paid a ‘Seva Nidhi’ package to enable them to return to the society for pursuing employment in other sectors.
- After their discharge on completion of four years, Agniveervayu will not be eligible for any kind of pension or any gratuity, neither will they be eligible for Ex Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS), Canteen Stores Department (CSD) facilities, Ex Servicemen status and other related benefits.
- Agniveervayu will be barred from disclosing classified information gained during service to any unauthorised person or source under Official Secret Act 1923.
- Enrolment for Regular Cadre
- Based on organisational requirements and policies promulgated, Agniveervayu who are completing their engagement period in each batch will be offered an opportunity to apply for enrolment in the regular cadre of Indian Air Force. These applications will be considered in a centralised manner by IAF based on an objective criteria including performance during their engagement period and not more than 25% of each specific batch of Agniveervayu will be enrolled in regular cadre of the IAF, post completion of their four year engagement period.
- Agniveervayu selected for enrolment in the Indian Air Force as regular cadre would be required to serve for a further engagement period of not less than 20 years and will be governed by existing terms and conditions of service currently in vogue (as amended from time to time).
- Agniveervayu will not have any right to be selected for further enrolment into Indian Air Force. Selection will be exclusive jurisdiction of the IAF.
Eligibility ‘All India’ ‘All Classes’.
Age Limit The age limit for the applicants will be from 17 ½ years to 21 years. The minimum age limit for enrolment in IAF as an Agniveervayu is 17½ years as on date of enrolment and maximum age limit is 21 years as on date of enrolment. However, exact Date of Birth block as published in advertisement is to be followed.
(In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the Selection Procedure, then the upper age limit as on date of enrolment should be 21 years).
Educational Qualification Educational Qualification for the applicants will be as follows:-
- Science Subjects.Candidates should have passed Class
Intermediate/10+2/Equivalent examination with Mathematics,
Physics and English from an Education Board recognized by
Central/ State/UT Govt with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and
50% marks in English.
ORCandidates should have passed three years Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical / Electronics/ Automobile/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation Technology/ Information Technology) from Polytechnic Institute recognized by Central/State/UT Govt with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in Diploma Course (or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
ORCandidates should have passed two years Vocational course with non-vocational subjects viz. Physics and Mathematics from Education Boards recognized by Central/State/UT Govt with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in Vocational Course (or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Vocational Course).
- Other than Science Subjects Candidates should have passed Intermediate/10+2/Equivalent
Examination in any stream/subjects from Education Board
recognized by Central/State/UT Govt minimum 50% marks in
aggregate and 50% marks in English
ORCandidates should have Passed two years vocational course from Education Boards recognized by Central/State/UT Govt with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in Vocational Course or in Intermediate/Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.
- Science Subjects.Candidates should have passed Class Intermediate/10+2/Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English from an Education Board recognized by Central/ State/UT Govt with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Candidate eligible for Science Subjects examination (Including Intermediate/10+2/three years’ diploma course in engineering or two years vocational course with non-vocational subjects of Physics and Maths) are also eligible for Other than Science Subjects and would be given an option of appearing in both Science Subjects and Other than Science Subjects examination in one sitting while filling up the online registration form.
- Education Boards recognized by Central/State/UT Govt as on date of registration will only be permitted.
- Exact aggregate Percentage of marks before decimal as written in the marks sheet of 10+2/Intermediate/Equivalent Examination/Three years Diploma Course/Two years Vocational Course OR calculated as per the rules of concerned Education Board/Polytechnic Institute will only be considered (For example 49.99% should be taken as 49% and not be rounded off to 50%).
- Candidate must possess his/her unique valid e-mail ID and mobile number for filling of online application. All communication with candidate will be done on his/her registered e-mail ID only.
- Agniveervayu will not be permitted to marry during their entire tenure of four years in the IAF. A candidate may be dismissed from service if he / she marries during his / her tenure or is found to be already married inspite of giving certificate of being “unmarried”.
Physical Fitness Criteria
Names of the shortlisted candidates, who qualify the online test, shall be displayed on the CASB Web Portal https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in and on a stipulated date shall be called at designated ASC for Physical Fitness Test (PFT), Adaptability Test-I and Adaptability Test-II. PFT consists of two parts, PFT-I and PFT-II.
Candidates have to complete 1.6 Kms run as per the following timings to qualify for PFT-II:-
Test Maximum permissible time Male Candidates Female Candidates 1.6 Km run Within 07 minutes Within 08 minutes
Candidates who qualify PFT-I will go for PFT-II after 10 minutes of recuperation time. The sequence of exercises and maximum time period for male and female candidates are given below.
Male candidates shall also have to complete 10 Push-ups, 10 Sit-ups and 20 Squats within the stipulated time as per the following to qualify in the Physical Fitness Test.
Test Max Time Period Remarks 10 Push-ups 01 minute Test will be conducted after 10 minutes break on completion of run 10 Sit-ups 01 minute Test will be conducted after 02 minutes break on completion of 10 Push-ups 20 Squats 01 minute Test will be conducted after 02 minutes break on completion of 10 Sit-ups
Female candidates shall also have to complete 10 Sit-ups and 15 Squats within the stipulated time as per the following to qualify in the Physical Fitness Test.
Test Max Time Period Remarks 10 Sit-ups 01 minute and 30 seconds Test will be conducted after 10 minutes break on completion of run 15 Squats 01 minute Test will be conducted after 02 minutes break on completion of 10 Sit-ups
Note: Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts/track pants. Detailed procedure on expected technique for push-ups, situps and squats is published on CASB Web Portal.
Medical Standards General Medical Standards for Agniveervayu are as follows:-
- For Male candidates : For Agniveervayu (Combatant) minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms. cms and for Agniveervayu (Musician) minimum acceptable height is 162 cms.
- For Female candidates : Minimum acceptable height is 152 cms. For candidates belonging to North East or Hilly regions of Uttarakhand, a lower minimum height of 147 cms will be accepted. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum height will be 150 cms. Note: Candidate availing height relaxation for being domicile of North East/Hilly Regions of Uttarakhand/Lakshadweeep are to submit domicile certificate with endorsement of domicile status at the time of Phase-II testing. Further, candidates from hilly regions of Uttarakhand must have specific endorsement of hilly region in their domicile certificate.
- Weight: Weight should be proportionate to height and age as applicable for IAF.
For male candidate’s The chest wall should be well proportioned and well developed. Minimum chest circumference should be 77 cms and the chest expansion should be atleast 05 cms.
For female candidates The chest wall should be well proportioned and well developed with minimum range of expansion of 05 cms.
- Corneal Surgery (PRK/LASIK) is not acceptable. Visual requirements as applicable as per Indian Air Force standards.
- Hearing: Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
- General Health: Candidate should be fit for the Air Force, must conform to the medical standards andshould be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He /She should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or communicable disease, infection and skin aliments. Candidates shall be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
- Gynaecological Examination (For female candidates): The examination covers external genitalia, hernia orifices and the perineum, any evidence of stress urinary incontinence or genital prolapse outside introitus.
- Gender (For female candidates): Any candidate if found to have predominant characteristics of the opposite gender as evident on external physical examination, will be rejected as Unfit. Any candidate having undergone gender reassignment surgery will be declared Unfit.
- Pregnancy (For female candidates): Any candidate, if found to be pregnant shall be disqualified and her candidature rejected. A candidate should not have conceived at the time of reporting or till conclusion of four years’ tenure. If found to be pregnant later during the training or engagement period of four years, suitable action for Dismissal / Removal will be undertaken.
- Details of medical standards will be available on CASB web portal.
Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance (NDPS) Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic substances banned under the NDPS Act 1985 shall be a reject criteria for selection into the IAF and AGNIVEERVAYU found either in possession or storing or distributing or consuming such drugs and substances after enrolment shall be liable for disciplinary action including dismissal from the IAF.ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY TO ALCOHOLISM AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE IS FOLLOWED IN IAF.
Body Tattoo Permanent body tattoos are not permitted, however, tattoos only on inner face of the fore arms (inside of elbow to the wrist), back (dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of the palm and Tribals with tattoo which are as per the custom and traditions of their tribes may be considered. However, right to consider a tattoo acceptable or unacceptable will rest with the selection centre. Candidate with permanent body tattoos are to submit two Postcard size of photographs (close up and distant view) with details of size and type of the Tattoo during the second phase of testing.
Enrolment As part of the enrolment process, each Agniveervayu will be required to formally accept all terms and conditions of the Agnipath Scheme. For personnel below the age of 18 years, the enrolment form will need to be signed by the parents/ guardians, in accordance with extant provisions.
Training On being enrolled, Agniveervayu will be imparted military training based on Indian Air Force requirements
Allotment of Service Numbers Distinctive Service Numbers will be allotted to Agniveervayu for the duration of their service.
- Agniveervayu can be posted to any unit and can be further transferred to other units in organisational interest.
Assessment IAF will maintain a centralized high-quality online database of ‘Agniveervayu’ and will follow a common assessment methodology. An objective assessment system to ensure fair and impartial assessment will be introduced. Skills attained by Agniveervayu will be systematically recorded.
Leave Grant of leave will be subject to exigencies of the Indian Air Force. The following leave is applicable for Agniveervayu during their engagement period: -
- Annual Leave 30 days per year.
- Sick Leave. Based on medical Advice.
Uniform To encourage and recognise dynamism of youth, a distinctive insignia will be worn by Agniveervayu on their uniform during their engagement period.
Honours and Awards Agniveervayu will be entitled to honours and awards, as per extant guidelines governing the subject for IAF.
Medical and CSD Facilities For the duration of their engagement period in IAF, Agniveervayu will be entitled for medical facility at Service Hospitals as well as CSD provisions.
Pay, Allowances and Allied Benefits Agniveervayu enrolled under this Scheme will be paid an Agniveer package of Rs. 30,000/- per month with a fixed yearly increment. In addition, Risk and Hardship allowances (as applicable in IAF), Dress and Travel allowances will be paid. Perks such as ration, clothing, accommodation and Leave Travel Concession (LTC) shall also be provided as per the existing rules.
Agniveer Corpus Fund
- Each Agniveervayu to contribute 30% of his/her monthly customised ‘Agniveer Package’ to the individual’s Agniveer Corpus Fund’. The Government will provide interest rate equivalent to the Public Provident Fund on the amount accumulated in the fund.
- On completion of the engagement period of four years, Agniveervayu will be paid one time ‘Seva Nidhi’ package, which shall comprise their contribution including accrued interest thereon and matching contribution from the Government equal to the accumulated amount of their contribution including interest.
- In case of individuals who are subsequently selected for enrolment in IAF as regular cadre, the ‘Seva Nidhi’ package to be paid to them will comprise only their contribution including accrued interest thereon.
- In the case of Agniveervayu exiting before the end of their engagement period on their own request, the ‘Seva Nidhi’ package to be paid to them will comprise only their contribution including accrued interest thereon.
- The ‘Seva Nidhi’ will be exempt from Income Tax.
Terminal Benefits-Seva Nidhi Package Agniveervayu will be given one-time 'Seva Nidhi' package comprising their monthly contribution along with matching contribution by the Government on completion of their engagement period, as indicated below:-
Year Customised Package (Monthly) In Hand (70%) Contribution to Agniveers Corpus Fund (30%) Contribution to Corpus fund by GoI All Figures in Rs. (Monthly Contribution) (Approximately) 1st Year 30000 21000 9000 9000 2nd Year 33000 23100 9900 9900 3rd Year 36500 25550 10950 10950 4th Year 40000 28000 12000 12000 All Figures in Rs. (Monthly Contribution) (Approximately) Total Contribution in Agniveers Corpus Fund after four years Rs. 5.02 lakh Rs. 5.02 lakh Exit after 4 year Approximately Rs. 10.04 Lakhs as Seva Nidhi Package (absolute amount excluding interest)
Note 1: Agniveervayu will not be required to contribute to any Provident Fund of the Government.
Note 2: There shall be no entitlement to gratuity and any kind of pensionary benefits.
Payment Modality-‘Seva Nidhi’ Package Two options to receive the Seva Nidhi package will be provided to each Agniveervayu, with an aim to provide financial loans for self-employment/ entrepreneurship through a bank Guarantee as also to meet immediate/ incidental expenses, on exit.
Life insurance cover Agniveervayu will be provided non-contributory life insurance cover of ₹ 48 lakhs for the duration of their engagement period as Agniveervayu in IAF and they will not be eligible for Air Force Group Insurance Fund (AFGIS) schemes/ benefits.
Termination/ Release from Service
- The maximum period of service for Agniveervayu will be as enumerated at Para 2 above. However, the services of Agniveervayu under this scheme may be terminated at any time in accordance with the Air Force Law.
- Release at own request prior to completion of engagement period will not be permissible for Agniveervayu. However, in exceptional cases, personnel enrolled as Agniveervayu may be released, with approval of the Competent Authority.
Compensation for Death Agniveervayu will not be governed by provisions contained in the Pension Regulations/ Rules for IAF(as amended from time to time). In case of death, the following will be admissible to Next of Kin (NOK) from the Agniveer Corpus Fund:-
- Insurance cover as applicable (as per para 23 above).
- All other compensation as per details placed at para 28 below.
Categorisation of Death The death for the purpose of provision of financial benefits to Agniveervayu will be categorised as follows:-
- Category X Death due to natural causes neither attributable to nor aggravated by military service during the engagement period.
- Category Y Death due to causes which are accepted as attributable to or aggravated by military service or due to accidents/ mishaps in the performance of duties including training during the engagement period.
- Category Z During the engagement period, death due to acts of violence/attack by terrorists, anti-social elements, enemy, during border skirmishes/war/ peacekeeping operations/ aid to civil power, etc; and during operational preparation and training for war including battle inoculation training/ exercise; and accidental deaths due to natural calamities/ operations specially notified by the Govt, etc.
Compensation for Disability In case an individual is placed in Permanent Low Medical Category (LMC), the authorities will assess the compensation based on percentage of disability and attributability. The extent of disability or functional incapacity shall be determined in the following manner for the purpose of computing the disability compensation:-
Sl.No. Percentage of disability as finally accepted Percentage to be reckoned for computing disability compensation (a) Between 20% and 49% 50% (b) Between 50% and 75% 75% (c) Between 76% and 100% 100%
Payment on Disability/ Death
Year Customised Package (Monthly) In Hand (70%) (a) Death during engagement period on Bonafide duty (Category ‘Y/Z’)
- Insurance cover of ₹ 48 lakhs from Public Fund.
- One-time ex-gratia ₹ 44 lakhs from Public Fund.
- Full pay for unserved period upto four years (with effect from date of death) including Seva Nidhi component.
- Balance accumulated (as on date) in the individual’s Seva Nidhi fund and Govt contribution including interest from the Agniveervayu Corpus Fund
(b) Death during engagement period not on duty (Category ‘X’)
- Insurance Cover of ₹ 48 lakhs from Public Fund.
- Balance accumulated (as on date) in the individual’s Seva Nidhi fund and Govt contribution including interest from the Agniveervayu Corpus Fund.
(c) Disability (attributed/aggravated due to conditions of engagement)
- One-time ex-gratia ₹ 44/25/15 Lakhs based on % of disability (100/75/50) from Public Fund.
- Full pay for unserved period upto four years (with effect from date of disability) including Seva Nidhi component (from Public fund).
- Balance accumulated (as on date) in the individual’s Seva Nidhi fund including interest and Govt contribution from the Agniveervayu Corpus Fund.
- PSL/Enrolment List
- Agniveervayu Intake 01/2024
- Terms, Meaning and General Instructions
- Terms and Conditions
- Guidelines for Online Application
- Mock Test
- Normalisation scheme of marks
- Physical Fitness Test - II for Male and Female
- Agniveervayu(Musician) Syllabus
- Agniveervayu(Musician) Model Paper
- Download Forms
- Checklist For Selection Test
- Upload Documents
- Documents for STAR Phase II
- Payment Option and Procedure
- Recommended List of Diploma Streams
- List of Education Boards
- AGNIVEERVAYU NON-COMBATANT
- AGNIVEERVAYU (Sports)
- IAF Home